But first here are a few things you should know about me:
I don’t like to use the word “I” for one of my deepest teachings is that we are not the “doer” of our own actions, there is something far Greater working here!
I am most comfortable in natural settings so if you schedule your workshop outside or in a room with windows I am most happy!
I am spontaneous and have a great a sense of Adventure so let’s do something new together to expand!
My greatest love is all things “techy” and I am happiest at my laptop wherever I go.
I loved to watch cowboys when I was a kid, and always wanted a cowboy hat!
It all started with the Call of my Inner Spirit:
• I was born in Calcutta on May 10, 1949.
• I received a Masters in Commerce in 1972.
• I served as a lecturer in a college in Hyderabad.
• In 1976, I heard the call of my inner Spirit, renounced worldly life and went
into a seclusion to practice deep meditation.
Living my Passion: Empowering the Poor to be Self-Sustaining:
• In 1985 I founded Lokenath Divine Life Mission (LDLM), to empower the poor to be self-sustaining. Our first street school was born when I asked the homeless children if they wanted chalk and a slate, or candy and they unanimously chose the chalk and slate. In India LDLM has served millions of people since its inception in 1985.
• I do not believe in traditional charity. I prefer to support people in liberating themselves rather than do anything to reinforce their sense of powerlessness. I bring this same philosophy to my course in mindfulness, reflecting the attitude of “Yes I can!”
Talking about My Walk
• I do not come to you as just another motivational speaker who comes and goes. I come to show you what I have personally experienced in my 40+ years of meditation and mindful living. People have said of me: “He walks the talk” and this is true. As you experience my presence you will see what is possible for yourself! Mindfulness can and will make a huge transformation in your life of work, home and school, as I have personally experienced it!
• I began touring and speaking globally since 1990. The more I traveled the more I saw how stressed people were in their daily lives.
• In 2005, I founded the Stress Management Academy, and began conducting global seminars on breathing, relaxation, meditation and positive thinking for schools, corporations, hospitals, prisons and other venues. I expanded my Simple Art of Managing Stress Program into Course in Mindfulness (CIM) in 2012 to bring more emphasis to the other 2 pillars of our CIM program, meditation and mind power.
• Some places that I have presented:
• Keynote speaker, Global Youth Conference, Washington D.C., 2000
• Delegate to Millennium Peace Summit, United Nations, 2000
• Honors bestowed on this humble, little man:
Honorary Citizenship City of Naperville, IL 2005
Man of Peace Award, World Organization for Peace, Mexico, 2012
Lifetime Achievement Award, S.T.A.R Foundation, House of Lords, July 2015
My Happiest Moments are when I am writing…
• I have self-authored several books, including Your Mind, Your Best Friend:
30 Days to Build Your Most Important Friendship, and Cleaning the Mirror of Mind: Clutter Free Home, Clutter Free Mind.
• I am a regular contributor to several magazines, and love more than anything to be on FB and Twitter. I try to blog daily and personally answer reader’s comments and questions with a practical, pragmatic and humorous style.
I look forward to working with you so that together we can bring forth a mindful, peaceful, happy world.